Calvary Chapel San Clemente offers many options for people to worship and study God's Word with us.
On December 3, 2020 the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the California State Covid-related restrictions on indoor services violated religious liberty rights.
On March 19, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-33-20 directing all residents immediately to heed current State public health directives to stay home, except as needed to maintain continuity of operations of essential critical infrastructure sectors and additional sectors as the State Public Health Officer may designate as critical to protect health and well-being of all Californians. In accordance with this order, the State Public Health Officer has designated the following list of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers to help state, local, tribal, and industry partners as they work to protect communities, while ensuring continuity of functions critical to public health and safety, as well as economic and national security.
SECTION 8.18 States the following services are essential… Clergy for essential support and faith-based services that are provided outdoors, or through streaming or other technologies that support physical distancing and state public health guidelines.
Therefore, because we provide faith-based services outdoor and online our pastors and ministry leaders are considered essential workers and our services are considered essential services. Furthermore, because it is our constitutional right to hold indoor services. We will continue to offer indoor and outside seating with radio broadcast and online streaming services. However, in order to comply with public health and safety guidelines, we ask that the following guidelines be followed.
- We are recommending that all CDC guidelines be practiced.
- Non-contact temperatures will be taken
- We ask that you wear masks when entering and exiting the sanctuary until seated.
- We ask that you maintain physical distancing.
- Families may sit together.
- The number of persons allowed to participate in a service may be limited.
- Restrooms will be available for use.
- Please wash your hands after every use and on a regular basis.
- We are holding in-person services in our outdoor worship experience
- We also offer in-car service options on a first come, first served basis. Simply tune your radio to 89.9 FM.
- All of our services are streamed LIVE online at live.calvarysanclemente.org. Previous services are archived at sermons.calvarysanclemente.org
- Children’s ministry available 10 AM Sunday morning ONLY.
ADDITIONALLY… Please monitor your health and ensure that you are free from symptoms and have not been exposed to an infected person prior to coming to church. If you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick with Covid-19, we ask that you stay at home and join us online at live.calvarysanclemente.org. An Exposure refers to someone who is within 6 ft of an infected person for a total of 15 minutes within a 24 hour period of time. The recommended time for self quarantine once you’ve been exposed is 14 days. If you want to reduce this time, CDC recommends getting tested and if you have a negative test you are only required to self quarantine for 7 days from the date of testing.
Please be mindful that some may not be comfortable with handshaking, embracing, or touching anyone outside of their personal household. Love defers to the needs of others. Additional hand sanitizer dispensers have been made available in all foyers and throughout our campus. Please cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.